Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Heather & Steve







Ceremony Location: First Presbyterian Church, Plymouth MI

Reception Location: Plymouth Manor

Wedding Colors: Teal, black, silver

# Guests: 185

Emergency Kit Items Used: Wire cutters, tape, static spray, tea light, pink Sharpie (the guest book markers died and I usually have black on me but could only find my hot pink one, lol!)

I think this day had to be THE coldest day of the year so far, bitter cold and windy! However, this did not stop bride Heather from glowing! She was radiant, happy, and so calm.

Heather is a makeup artist (as a matter of fact, she did my makeup for a trash the dress session back in October!) and she and her girls started off at her employer, Visions Spa & Salon in Novi for hair and makeup. Everyone looked terrific!

My assistant and I arrived at Plymouth Manor first to set up the reception room. Magnolia Florist of Plymouth -and- our groom Steve had already been in with centerpieces: half were floral and half were DIY assembled earlier that day by none other than the groom himself with the help of groomsmen! (Normally this is included in part of our set-up, but the Heather said she was putting her husband-to-be to work that morning!) We set up the standard items (cake knives, signature mat, framed photograph, signature drink menu, toasting flutes, etc)....they also had individual frames acting as both favors and place cards, menu cards for each place setting, crystal trees for the two-tiered head table, and lots of votives. The room looked really pretty with linens by Maya of Sposa Seating complimenting the whole look.

At the church, we set up the unity candle, programs, and vase with flowers in memory of some of Heather's family members. Jen MacPherson of Amanda Williams Photography (love them!) was there and ready to go (some pro photos here). Church coordinator Janet works for First Presbyterian Church and knows her facility, in which case my assistant and I hung back and were available to assist her in any way. After briefly losing one grandma along the way (!!!!), the ceremony went off beautifully.

DJ Lawton Lunce of Sweet Sounds was ready for the couple's grand entrance to, "It's All Been Done" by Barenaked Ladies which was a unique choice for an entrance song. I love it when couples dare to wander even a little bit off the 'norm' with their song choices! Lawton kept the dance floor going crazy all night!

Guests enjoyed signature drinks, a plated dinner, and delicious Elite Sweets cake (another personal favorite!) for dessert.

All in all, a great first wedding for my year 2010. This wedding and reception were right in my neighborhood and about a 5 minute drive from home also! I love it!

Heather and Steve, you were AWESOME to work with and I wish you the best of luck! I know I'll see you again soon too! XOXOXO!!




No comments:

Post a Comment